What a year! 2020 will be remembered forever and always as the year of uncertainty and change. There have been so many big and challenging things we’ve had to cope with this year, both on a global and personal front. It’s no wonder we are all very ready to bring this year to a close.
And, as much as we are all ready to put 2020 in our rear-view mirror, what brings closure is the opportunity to reflect, acknowledge, learn and grow. I like to always take time to reflect on how the year has unfolded, what I’ve accomplished and what I want to create moving forward.
While this year has certainly had its challenges, there have been many successes and breakthroughs as well. Sometimes, in the midst of difficulty and adversity, we lose sight of the good things that happened and what we have learned in the process. I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you what I’ve experienced this past year; my learnings, celebrations and what I am creating for 2021.
Wins, Successes and Breakthroughs
My biggest wins this year were…
- Beating cancer – now 2 years cancer-free!
- Facing adversity and coming out stronger than I ever thought possible
- Understanding my strengths and what I need
- Focusing on what’s important
- Greater self-awareness
- Learning the lessons I needed to learn in order to move forward
- Learning to be resilient
Losses, Disappointments, and Breakdowns…
- Control & expectations
Lessons I’ve Learned…
- Letting go
- Recognizing that I’m surrounded by love
- Asking for help when I need it
January 2022 – I year from now, I am celebrating…
- Excellent health – physically, emotionally and mentally
- A dedicated and consistent self care routine
- Showing up fully and completely to living a joyful life
- Contributing to the greater good through my coaching and volunteer work
My Name for 2021…
Year of the Exaulted Warrior.
To me, this represents: power, persistence, strength, confidence, bravery, flexibility, openness, and empowered.