To say that 2020 has been an unusual year is definitely an understatement. No one could have predicted that 2020 would unfold as it has. Most of us have spent the first half of this year dealing with fear, uncertainty and upheaval in our normal everyday lives due to the pandemic.
Now, almost 6 months later, how are you doing?
While all of us have had to adapt to a new way of living, the pandemic is far from over. With that in mind, its likely that the rest of 2020 will be much more of the same.
Planning for the future and making decisions is difficult enough but when there is uncertainty, it’s even harder. So, now is a good time for a 6-month personal maintenance (life) check-up, much like we would schedule a health check-up appointment or car maintenance appointment.
How do you know if you need a life check-up? Do any of the following statements below apply to you?
- Are you stuck in your current job and not finding a lot of meaning?
- Have you been laid off and uncertain of what is next?
- Has the pandemic caused you to reflect on your life and are now struggling to understand what you want in life and what the right next step should be?
- Do you think about taking a leap into something new but have some limiting beliefs?
- Or are you just fearful and uncertain about what life will look like in the coming months or years?
When we are in a state of transition, we tend to feel overwhelmed, fearful, and stuck. We lack the clarity we need to make thoughtful and informed decisions; decisions that truly connect with who we are and what’s important to us.
Whether you have worked with a coach before or not, coaching helps to provide you with a different perspective that can often bring to the forefront greater self-awareness and highlight some of the blind spots that cause us to repeat the same behaviours that are not working for us. As a result, we gain clarity that results in better decision-making that’s more aligned with our goals.
Here’s what coaching can help you accomplish in your 6-month check-up?
- Assess where you are right now and identify the challenges and fears you are facing in your career and life.
- Help you get crystal clear about what’s important to you and why as well as identify your goals and dreams for your career and life.
- Uncover hidden thinking patterns, obstacles, and fears that drive your behaviour and limit your choices and possibilities.
- Identify empowering next steps that will bring you closer to your goals.
- Get you motivated and excited about your future, even in the face of uncertainty.
We know that change is constant in our lives. Change complicates how we show up in the world and how we pursue the life we want. We are all impacted by external and internal forces. The external forces are those things happening “to us” that we can’t necessarily control. Things like the pandemic, aging, loss. The internal forces are those things happening “within us” and can range from guilt and fear of what others will think to threats of harm, both real and imagined.
Coaching is an opportunity to help us gain clarity and perspective, especially when things are so uncertain and overwhelming. Check-ups, check-ins and ongoing “personal maintenance”, even if you are budget conscious, is the best investment you can make in the long-term sustainability of your most important vehicle: you!
Ready to schedule your 6-month check-up? Click here to contact me. And remember, the first session is always complimentary!
I look forward to hearing from you soon.